Search This Site:
More Quotes About Roses.
"Gather The Roses Of Life Today".
- "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet." Romeo and Juliet. William Shakespeare.
- "Love planted a rose, and the world turned sweet". Katharine Lee Bates.
- "It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses we must plant more trees". George Eliot.
- "The splendor of the rose and the whiteness of the lily do not rob the little violet of its scent nor the daisy of its simple charm. If every tiny flower wanted to be a rose, spring would lose its loveliness". Therese of Lisieux.
- "God gave us our memories so that we might have roses in December". J. M. Barrie.
- "One may live without bread, not without roses". Jean Richepin.
- "Live now, believe me, wait not till tomorrow;
Gather the roses of life today". Pierre de Ronsard. 1524 - 1585.
- "Sweetheart, come see if the rose
Which at morning began to unclose
Its damask gown to the sun
Has not lost, now the day is done,
The folds of its damasked gown
And its colors so like your own". Pierre de Ronsard.
- "What a lovely thing a rose is!" Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.
- "I feel as if I had opened a book and found roses of yesterday sweet and fragrant, between its leaves". L. M. Montgomery.
- "Long live the rose that grew from the concrete when no one else ever cared." Tupac Amaru Shakur.
- "Love is like the wild rose-briar; Friendship like the holly-tree. The holly is dark when the rose-briar blooms, but which will bloom most constantly?" Emily Bronte.
- "Marriage is like life - it is a field of battle, not a bed of roses". Robert Louis Stevenson.
- "They are not long, the days of wine and roses". Ernest Dowson.
- "It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside". Maud Hart Lovelace.
- "There may be many flowers in a man's life, but there is only one rose." Anon.
- "We are like roses that have never bothered to bloom when we should have bloomed and it is as if the sun has become disgusted with waiting". Charles Bukowski.
- "One rose is enough for the dawn". Edmond Jabes.
- "A single rose can be my garden... a single friend, my world". Leo Buscaglia.
- "Rose is a rose is a rose". Gertrude Stein.
- "If the rose puzzled its mind over the question how it grew, it would not have been the miracle that it is". J. B. Yeats.
- "A thorn defends the rose, harming only those who would steal the blossom". Chinese Proverb.
- "One rose says more than the dozen". Wendy Craig.
- "Loveliest of lovely things are they on earth that soonest pass away. The rose that lives its little hour is prized beyond the sculptured flower". William C. Bryant.
- "When life is not coming up roses Look to the weeds and find the beauty hidden within them". L.F.Young.
- "Aspirin is so good for roses, brandy for sweet peas, and a squeeze of lemon-juice for the fleshy flowers, like begonias". Gerald Durrell.
Home. Rose Quotes.
Flower Quotes. Types of Roses.