Search This Site:
Sweet Flower Quotes. Simply The Best.
Life Is A Bunch of Flowers ...
- "Where'er you walk, cool gales shall fan the glade, Trees where you sit, shall crowd into a shade: Where'er you tread, the blushing flowers shall rise, And all things flourish where you turn your eyes". Alexander Pope.
- "Flowers are happy things." - P. G. Wodehouse.
- "The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks". Tennessee Williams.
- "The flower that blooms in adversity is the rarest and most beautiful of all". Chinese Proverb.
- "I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze
Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance".
- "Flowers don't worry about how they're going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful". Jim Carrey.
- "When daisies pied and violets blue
And lady-smocks all silver-white
And cuckoo-buds of yellow hue
Do paint the meadows with delight"... William Shakespeare.
- "Do you know what I think Mayflowers are, Marilla? I think they must be the souls of the flowers that died last summer, and this is their heaven". Lucy Maud Montgomery.
- "Mother, I am almost four days old! Stop treating me like a bulb". Swiss.
- "Thank God I have the seeing eye, that is to say, as I lie in bed I can walk step by step on the fells and rough land seeing every stone and flower and patch of bog and cotton pass where my old legs will never take me again". Beatrix Potter.
- "I wonder what spendthrift chose to spill
Such a bright gold under my windowsill!
Is it fair gold? Does it glitter still?
Bless me! It's a daffodil! "
- "Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them". A. A. Milne.
- "Blue thou art, intensely blue; Flower, whence came thy dazzling hue?" James Montgomery.
- "Gardening is an active participation in the deepest mysteries of the Universe". Thomas Berry.
- "Every child is a different kind of flower, and all together make this world a beautiful garden". Anon.
- "Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower". Hans Christian Andersen.
- "The dandelion. Where will you find another prodigal so merry or so golden or so wasteful, pouring out treasure down the sides of hills and cupping it in valleys?" Maxwell Anderson.
- "It is at the edge of a petal that love waits". William Carlos Williams.
- "To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour".
- "Little flower, if I could understand, what you are, root and all in all, I should know what God and man is". Alfred Lord Tennyson.
- "A flower does not think of competing with the flower next to it; it just blooms". Zen Shin.
- "When at last I took the time to look into the heart of a flower, it opened up a whole new world; a world where every country walk would be an adventure, where every garden would become an enchanted one." Princess Grace of Monaco.
- "And winking Mary-buds begin
To ope their golden eyes". Shakespeare.
- "Forsythia is pure joy. There is not an ounce, not a glimmer of sadness or even knowledge in forsythia. Pure, undiluted, untouched joy." Anne Morrow Lindbergh.
- "A profusion of pink roses bending ragged in the rain speaks to me of all gentleness and its enduring". William Cullen Bryant.
- "Fair is the kingcup that in the meadow blows, Fair is the daisy that beside her grows". Gay Shepherd.
- "The Amen of nature is always a flower". Oliver Wendell Holmes.
- "When I walk with you I feel as if I had a flower in my buttonhole". William Makepeace Thackeray.
- "How does the Meadow flower its bloom unfold? Because the lovely little flower is free down to its root, and in that freedom bold". William Wordsworth.
- "After women, flowers are the most lovely thing God has given the world". Christian Dior.
- "In every gardener there is a child who believes in The Seed Fairy". Robert Brault.
- "I love being by myself, love being outdoors, love taking a long walk with my dogs and looking at the trees, flowers, the sky". Audrey Hepburn.
- "Keep your face in the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow; it's what Sunflowers do". Helen Keller.
- "God's grandest messages are not loudly self-assertive. His most fragrant flowers, unlike the hollyhocks and the sunflowers, do not challenge the attention of the careless wayfarer, but hide under the cool hedgerows and only betray themselves by their sweetness. Our dearest and deepest joys are not those which we have in the glare of publicity, but those which cluster round about us in the home". Alfred Rowland.
- "Mama was my greatest teacher, a teacher of compassion, love and fearlessness. If love is sweet as a flower, then my mother is that sweet flower of love". Stevie Wonder.
- "Blossom by blossom the spring begins". A.C. Swinburne.
- "Almost any garden, if you see it at just the right moment, can be confused with Paradise". Henry Mitchell.
Home. Return to Flower Quotes.
Funny Flower Quotes.